Fwd: News from devscripts

Hi all,

Metacpan doesn't provide any GPG signature for upstream archives. The
new features provided by uscan can check git tag signature for packages
maintained with git.

After a little discussion with gregoa on #debian-perl, we don't think
that the use of git tags instead of metacpan is a good idea: often
what's in the repo is not that same as what's in the tarball on the CPAN
(like META.* created by `make release')

Anyway, discussion is opened ;-)

Cheers,
Xavier

-------- Forwarded mail --------

Dear fellow developers,

devscripts 2.18.5 has been released and brings some new uscan features
for developers:
 - in git mode, uscan is now able to verify signed tags (#827065).
   Example:

    version=4
    opts="mode=git,pgpmode=gittag" \
      https://github.com/rs/net-server-mail refs/tags/v([\d\.]+) debian

 - a "searchmode=plain" line option can be used to parse the full
   content of a web page instead of searching only <a href*> tags
   (#897382), useful for JSON contents. Example:

     version=4
     opts="searchmode=plain" \
       https://registry.npmjs.org/aes-js \
     https://registry.npmjs.com/aes-js/-/aes-js-(\d[\d\.]*)@ARCHIVE_EXT@

 - new macro @DEB_EXT@ (#908528). Example:

     dversionmangle=~s/[\+~](debian|dfsg|ds|deb)(\.)?(\d+)?$//

   becomes:

     dversionmangle=~s/@DEB_EXT@//

 - new "auto" value for dversionmangle (#908528). The above example
   becomes simply:

     dversionmangle=auto

Hope this will be useful for you all !

A big thank you to Mattia for accepting these changes and for his
patience in this long work.

NB: While making these changes uscan underwent a huge refactor, so
please file any bug you may find in this new version, and we shall fix
them for the next release.

Cheers,
Xavier