Re: Perl packages that don't build-depend on Perl

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 22:46:16 +0200, Niko Tyni wrote:

> tl;dr: any objections from the list to a mass bug filing of 81 pkg-perl
> packages at severity 'minor' ?

Quite to the contrary: I agree with your reasoning.

> Right. My thinking is that these missing build dependencies are minor
> latent bugs that are probably never going to hurt in practice, but it's
> still worth fixing them. Theoretically the dpkg-dev implementation might
> change to another language in the future, exposing those latent bugs.

(In that case debhelper would still save us :))

> > So, would it be possible to add this build-dep to those 81 packages?
> I'm fine with a mass bug filing, probably with severity minor, and/or a
> (possibly pkg-perl specific?) lintian check or whatever but I'm not sure
> if we have a consensus or not. So any objections? :)

An additional lintian check would indeed be nice.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Rolling Stones