Re: first salsa contribution

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:08:31 +0200, Cyr Bol wrote:

> I've just commited my first contribution to salsa.

Yay!
Thanks and welcome to the active crowd :)

> Could you please review it to make sure I didn't break anything?
> My objective was to resolve the "uscan" error of the
> liblog-dispatch-filewriterotate-perl package.

I'm afraid the URL you used (in d/watch and d/control) is not the
best solution:
https://metacpan.org/release/PERLANCAR/Log-Dispatch-FileWriteRotate-0.05
contains the version number, which means that no no release will ever
be found.

Unfortunately I don't know why the canonical URL at
https://metacpan.org/release/Log-Dispatch-FileWriteRotate
doesn't exist. My hunch is some CPAN/PAUSE glitch (missing indexing
due to permissions, or something), but that would need to be resolved
at the CPAN level.

Maybe it would make sense to collect a list of non-working
https://metacpan.org/release/$DISTRIBUTION
URLs and ask the CPAN people about them?

> But, while I was at it, I also reviewed the package for Debian Policy 4.1.3
> compliance (using /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz)
> and updated its "Homepage" field.

The current version is Debian Policy is 4.2.1 :)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Donovan: Oh deed I do