Re: Alioth → Salsa

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 12:44:38 +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:

> > Right, I hope that someone who understands gitlab pages
> > (nodens? alexm?) can take care of this.
> IIRC, gitlab pages only work for projects in top level groups,
> they don't work for subgroups. I'm not sure if this is something
> that only applies to salsa setup or it's the same for any gitlab
> instance. Either way, we need a top level project for the team
> website.

Ok.

> On the other hand, having a top level project for the website
> will mean that we won't be inheriting the members from the
> "modules" (dists, etc.) project.

Ouch :/

> I think it should be possible
> to clone a different repo from the pages building script, so
> maybe the website repository should stay where it is for now
> (renaming it to "docs", "manual"... maybe?) and create a new
> "pages" (home or whatever) top level project that clones what is
> needed and build the actual team web pages.

Sounds better.
So, do we need 'perl-team.pages.debian.net' as you wrote in the other
mail, or 'pages', or something different?

Anyway, I just created 'pages' and added nodens and you as 'master'
(not sure why I can see/set 'owner'?). We can always rename it later.

> The other option is having current website in top level and
> accept changes via merge requests, which doesn't seem too bad
> either and is a simpler setup.

Hm, for a quick typo fix or whatever creating+accepting a merge
request sounds a bit tedious.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Kurt Ostbahn & Die Kombo: Ois wann nix gwesen waa