Re: Alioth → Salsa

Hi gregor,

> > Maybe website too, though that presumably depends
> > on how it will be used with gitlab pages.
>
> Right, I hope that someone who understands gitlab pages
> (nodens? alexm?) can take care of this.

IIRC, gitlab pages only work for projects in top level groups,
they don't work for subgroups. I'm not sure if this is something
that only applies to salsa setup or it's the same for any gitlab
instance. Either way, we need a top level project for the team
website.

On the other hand, having a top level project for the website
will mean that we won't be inheriting the members from the
"modules" (dists, etc.) project. I think it should be possible
to clone a different repo from the pages building script, so
maybe the website repository should stay where it is for now
(renaming it to "docs", "manual"... maybe?) and create a new
"pages" (home or whatever) top level project that clones what is
needed and build the actual team web pages.

The other option is having current website in top level and
accept changes via merge requests, which doesn't seem too bad
either and is a simpler setup.

Cheers,
Alex