Re: Alioth → Salsa

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 15:57:54 +0200, Niko Tyni wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 06:27:46PM +0100, Clément Hermann wrote:
> > On 31/01/2018 22:22, Alex Muntada wrote:

So for the "modules" part, we currently have, besides "modules", also
"projects", "perl5?-*", "cpan", and "distributions" with, if I
interpret the mails correctly, a slight preference for
"distributions". And a consensus that it's not that important :)

> > > Regarding interpreter/core subgroup, what about "perl5" as used
> > > by upstream? It's really up to the team managing that subgroup,
> > > of course... It's only that I like shorter names.
> > I personnaly like perl-core best than perl5 or perl-interpreter. That
> > said, as Alex said, it's really up to the people in it ;)
> I'd expect perl-team/perl5 to have Perl 5 CPAN dists (as opposed to Perl
> 6 ones.) And perl-team/perl-core is redundant.
> I think perl-team/core might be a bit nicer than the current
> perl-team/interpreter but I'm fine with either.

I think that's totally up to Dom and you, and you also have the
permissions to e.g. change "interpreter" to "core".
(Judging from the mails so far, "core" would also be accepted or
preferred by the not-affected people :))

> At the moment I'm sort of holding off with migrating src:perl until we
> are sure that sharing the namespace doesn't cause problems for the much
> wider pkg-perl side. I guess that means we'll only migrate src:perl
> after pkg-perl has.

I don't see any potential problems in case you'd like to migrate
earlier, but of course waiting is fine.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Supertramp: Oh Darling