Re: Membership Ping 2017: Results

gregor herrmann:

> For last year's removal I wrote in mass-commit's "main part"
> something like (pseudo-code):
>
> for u in $(cat file-with-people-to-be-removed); do # or while read u ... < $file ?
>     MSG="Remove $u from Uploaders."
>     cme modify dpkg-control source Uploaders:-~"/$u/"
> done

I ended up builing a big Perl regexp with the mail addresses of
all 23 uploaders to be removed and put that in the call to cme:

    cme modify dpkg-control source \
	    Uploaders:-~"/<(?:$(cat ../mass-uploaders-regexp.txt))>/"

That resulted in faster results and getting rid of the loop.

After reviewing "mr diff" and making sure that the changes were
right, "mr push" went pretty well (15 rejected pushes out of 291,
but only 1 was an actual conflict). However, I found a few weird
error messages that I have no clue what they mean, e.g.

    remote: unexpected end of string while parsing JSON string, at character offset 3874816 (before "(end of string)") at /
    remote: Sending notification emails to: pkg-perl-cvs-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org
    To git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/libnamespace-clean-perl.git
       b1133d2..dd5c5dd  master -> master

It seems something wrong on the remote hook and I don't think
it's relevant for this particular case. If anybody knows where
they come from I will investigate further. Otherwise, I'll
consider this task finished.

Thanks!
Alex