Re: Membership Ping 2017: Results

On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 21:20:27 +0200, Alex Muntada wrote:

> On the other side, I've found several issues that I'd like to
> discuss with this list before proceeding to make mass changes
> to 291 packages:

Thanks for working on this task!

> * I'm using cme to format debian/control before making any
>   change (also performed by cme). This formatting changes the
>   order of some headers (e.g. Testsuite, Vcs-*). I consider
>   these format changes acceptable as I separate them with a
>   different commit form the actual removing of mail addresses
>   from Uploaders.
> * However, there are several packages that seem to use the
>   wrap-and-sort formatting, thus running cme format on them
>   makes a lot of changes that probably won't make happy their
>   respective maintainers. I'm not sure whether I should skip
>   these and make the changes in some other way.

For my last mass-commit, I just used cme and I don't remember
comments about the reformatting afterwards.

> * Some packages end up with no Uploaders field after removing
>   the former team members. I guess this is alright as long as
>   there's no new upload but there's a risk that we forget to
>   add one.

Yup, that happened as well last year; as lintian shouts quite loudly
in this case, I guess it will continue to be unproblematic.

> Any thoughts and tips will be appreciated, specially from those
> people that don't want me to mess up with their formatting of
> debian/control.

Hm, I'm the wrong target group here :)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   NP: Soluna Samay: See You In June