Re: invitation for you and your packages to join the pkg-perl team

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 08:58:12AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 12:38:45PM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > In the Debian Perl team, we have been looking at perl module packages
> > which are not team maintained and considering whether the lives of
> > these packages can be made better (for example, by reducing the overhead
> > and increasing the consistency of that packaging), by suggesting that
> > they be moved to the pkg-perl team.
> >
> > There is no obligation, of course, to do this, but if you would
> > like to move any or all of your module packages to the team, you can
> > request to join the team and then migrate your packages across. Of
> > course, if you are already a team member, then you are already free
> > to import and upload your packages under team maintainership.
> [...]
> > libdevel-symdump-perl
> > libfile-cache-perl
> > libfilter-perl
> > libgetargs-long-perl
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd be happy to join the pkg-perl team and make these packages
> team-maintained.  I'm using git-dpm for all of these, as for all my
> packages - would I be able to transfer the repositories directly, or
> would there need to be some change there to conform to team practices?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the delay!

AFAIK, yes you would need to change.

http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html#Patches describes how the
team manages patches. I myself prefer git-dpm and we use this for
the perl interpreter package, but from my understanding it will break
quite badly if some people don't use it, so I think it would be a bad
idea to try.

On the plus side, changing is probably quite easy in terms of the
actual migration - just remove the debian/.git-dpm directory.

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead on that basis. I believe we now
need to request that team members be added to alioth by hand.

Cheers,
Dominic