Re: RFP for bioperl's Bio-EUtilities

Hi Gregor,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 03:54:38PM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > I'll checkout and will upload to make sure the uploaded package will
> > have the same Vcs info as its now the case.
>
> Thanks.

You are welcome ... and done.

> > Just a personal question to the pkg-perl team:  What does this commit
> > log mean:
> >     d/watch: use version 3 to keep PET happy
> >
> > Is it possibly a bad idea to use version 4 of watch files?
>
> PET doesn't understand version=4 in d/watch, so for teams using PET,
> sticking to (2 or) 3 is useful. Otherwise PET will never find any
> newer upstream releases and just write a warning in the respective
> column.

Is there any technical reason for ignoring 4 or is the adaption just not
yet done?  I'm asking since I have simply set those watch files I have
checked recently to version=4 simply as a marker that I have dealt with
it allowing me to grep for "version=[23]" when seeking for watch files
that potentially needs checking.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--