Re: RFP for bioperl's Bio-EUtilities

Hi Carnë,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 02:06:15PM +0000, Carnë Draug wrote:
> > So if you are honest about the move to the Perl team and you clarified
> > that the Perl team is fine with this, I'd suggest to upload your changes
> > soon to make sure that the uploaded package is featuring the correct
> > Vcs-Git field.  Otherwise we might see competing changes in different
> > repositories which would lead to confusion.
> >

> I have changed the Uploaders and Maintainers name to use my name and
> Debian perl team [1].  I have spoke with on #debian-perl and they're
> ok with me taking over the package there.  And I'm honest about it, I
> have now packaged 8 perl packages [2].

OK, fine.

I have simply removed the now outdated copy from the Debian Med Git.

> I have removed the comment from d/copyright.  I didn't realize a new
> release wold be necessary just for the takeover (I also configured the
> package with autopkgtest but nothing that would change what gets
> installed).  A new release is now pending review from a Debian
> developer.

I'll checkout and will upload to make sure the uploaded package will
have the same Vcs info as its now the case.

Just a personal question to the pkg-perl team:  What does this commit
log mean:

    d/watch: use version 3 to keep PET happy

Is it possibly a bad idea to use version 4 of watch files?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de