Re: RFP for bioperl's Bio-EUtilities

Hi Gregor,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 11:45:29PM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:

> The tests fail for me as well, in a chroot with networking firewalled
> off.
>
> The errors are slightly different, probably because I have http_proxy
> set:
>
> http error : Operation in progress
> XML::Simple called at /build/libbio-eutilities-perl-1.75/blib/lib/Bio/Tools/EUtilities.pm line 140.
> # Looks like your test exited with 255 before it could output anything.
> t/egquery.t .................
> 1..18
> Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
> Failed 18/18 subtests
>
> etc. for all t/e*.t tests
>
> /*
> With http_proxy unset I get:

Thanks for verifying this.

> Anyway, it's quite clear that the tests try to access the internet
> which is forbidden by Debian policy (regardless of the fact if the
> fail gracefully or not), so they have to be skipped.
>
> Andreas, you already know the trick with debian/tests/pkg-perl/smoke-skip
> and using the file in debian/rules as well to disable tests during
> build + autopkgtest. If you don't run okg-perl-autopkgtests, you can
> use:

Yes, I know.  I simply have forwarded the issue upstream since the RFP
came from upstream and I considered it more sensible if they provide
some means to exclude http access directly in their code.

> Of course an upstream fix, e.g. skipping tests if
> $ENV{NETWORK_TESTING} is not set etc., would be nicer.

Exactly. :-)

> (Hm, is this the package that was discussed on #debian-perl on IRC
> earlier yesterday? :))

May be - I'm usually not on IRC ...

> BTW: I think override_dh_installchangelogs in d/rules is not needed,
> dh_installchangelogs should find Changes by itself.

Thanks, dropped this.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--