Re: duck & perl

Am 2017-01-17 um 09:01 schrieb Dominique Dumont:
> On Tuesday, 17 January 2017 07:52:59 CET Simon Kainz wrote:
>> I am redoing duck from scratch (well, almost), to tackle the piled up
>> spaghetti-code-monster and wanted to ask, if there are some things i
>> already might think about right from the start, to make running duck on
>> many packages easier.
>
> Looks like URLs check are run in concurrently using forked process.
>
> Since you're re-writing duck from scratch, you may want to consider to use
> Mojo::UserAgent in non-blocking mode [1] to run these requests. No fork/exec
> would be needed.

Yes, you are right, i will take a look at that. I used he forking
approach to get parallel checks running with very less coding effort,
but it really makes only sense for URLs and probably for email domain
checks. There are usually only 1 or 2 VCS-* entries in a given package
(control file and various metadata files), so there is no real gain in
running those in parallel.

It might still be nice to get non-blocking dns queries, as there are
normally several email addresses to check, though.

Thank you, Simon