Re: pkg-perl annual membership ping

On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 11:22:46AM -0000, gregor herrmann wrote:
>Our script [0] claims that your account "olof-guest" has not
>been used to make any commits in one of the git repositories under
>pkg-perl/packages in the last two years. There are many possible
>explanations for this.

I still have an interest in Perl in Debian, but... You are doing such
a good job :-). The rare contributions from me in the future can
probably be handled as patches sent to the BTS. Thanks for keeping the
state of the Perl ecosystem in Debian at such a fine level =).

On 2016-07-07 12:50 +0100, Roger Bell_West wrote:
> Well, I've done all the setup, but I can't see what I should do next
> to start actually contributing. Everyone seems to have modules
> already, and I don't want to tread on their toes. Hints are welcome...

Hi Roger,

Here's PET with some visualization of some of the currently needed
things to do:

  https://pet.debian.net/pkg-perl/pet.cgi

Open RC bugs, old package versions, etc... Now, I'm also one of the
inactive members getting Gregor's mail, but I doubt anybody would feel
offended if you want to help ;-).

Other pkg-perl members may offer more insights; the IRC channel
(#debian-perl at OFTC) is filled with friendly and helpful people.

--
Olof Johansson                            https://github.com/olof