Re: App::LedgerSMB::Admin packaging names?

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:38:12 -0400, Robert J. Clay wrote:

> I have started packaging App::LedgerSMB::Admin [1] and started doing so as
> if it was just another Perl module.  It isn't, however, as it contains
> scripts and modules specifically associated with the LedgerSMB application
> where it is required for the 1.5.x version, expected out later this year.

> So, some questions:
> 1)  Shouldn't I name the source package as app-ledgersmb-admin?  Or even
> just ledgersmb-admin?

Maybe https://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/policy.html#package_naming_policy
can help here. Or maybe it just rephrases your question in other
words :)

I think in the end the question is if this is more a (set of)
module(s) or more an application. The App::* namespace might be a
hint to go for the app option.
(And then I'd use ledgersmb-admin as the package name.)

> 2)  Should I package it as myself, rather than as part of the pkg-perl
> team?   (Like I already do for the ledgersmb package itself?)

Historically we packaged only modules, since some years we also have
some apps; for something that is on the CPAN and behaves like other
CPAN distributions I see no problem to maintain it withing pkg-perl.

 .''`.  Homepage https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key 0xBB3A68018649AA06
 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Leonard Cohen: I tried to leave you