Re: Membership ping 2016: results

Hi Gregor,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 04:48:18AM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> > I have the list, and plan to run a for-loop over all packages/local
> > git repos (based on examples/mass-commit in pkg-perl-tools).
>
> Done now, with:
>
> > >  use Config::Model qw(cme);
> > >  foreach my $package (@pkgs) {
> > >  chdir ($package);
> > >  cme('dpkg-control')->modify("source Uploaders:-~/foo|bar|baz/");
> > >  }
>
> grep -q "$NAME" debian/control || continue
> perl -MConfig::Model=cme -e "cme('dpkg-control')->modify('source Uploaders:-~/${NAME}/i');"
>
> from within the mass-commit script, looping over packages and names.
>
> Probably this did not work 100%, as people don't necessarily use the
> same name in d/control as Alioth tells us about their name etc.
> I tried to add some variations to the list of names, and I guess for
> this first big run it's quite ok.
>
> Some side effects:
> - cme reformatted d/control; nice

Unfortunately that has as well the side effect that some fields might
have been added where we haven't yet checked if this is correct. One
example is
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/libperl-critic-perl.git/commit/?id=c3896218b45a0b757412ebb4ae69c10fac8a71c1
had not yet autopkgtests enabled, but the reformatting adds

Testsuite: autopkgtest-pkg-perl

(without changelog entry, and with next upload possiby failing).

Just a remark. Thanks a lot for your work done!

Regards,
Salvatore