Re: Perl packages need a home?

Hi Axel,

thanks a lot for your quick reply.

>> as a member of the Debian Med team I have prepared packages two for
>> very simple and generic CPAN modules (File::Grep and Test::Files) as
>> they are dependencies of a Perl-heavy bioinformatics tool (Roary).
>
> They're rather old CPAN modules, but don't look that broken on a first
> glance, so the age probably doesn't hurt. File::Grep looks useful
> anyways.

OK.

>> You can take a look here:
>>
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/sascha-guest/libfile-grep-perl.git/
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/sascha-guest/libtest-files-perl.git/
>>
>> If you agree please just let me know.
>
> I may only find time after christmas for reviewing and sponsoring, but
> chances are high that other team-members have more time before
> christmas.

No worries, there's no hurry. Just wanting to get into contact as it
might happen that I would have to handle some more new Perl dependencies
in the future.

>> I will set the owner in the upcoming ITP appropriately and also hope for a sponsor ;)
>
> Do you plan to (co-)maintain these two packages in the future, too? If
> so, you should join the Debian Perl Team to get write access to them
> when the git repos are located under /pkg-perl/packages/...

Sure, I wasn't just going to drop them off with you and leave ;)

> See http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ and
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html for details.

Great, just had a look. The Perl group policy says you don't do DM, this
is absolutely fine with me and I will stick to asking for sponsoring.
The git workflow you are using looks familiar, I will look at the
Perl-specific parts such as gpt.

I can request to join via the Alioth web interface if you want, or will
this email be enough? Also let me know if you would like me to introduce
myself a bit more.
After approval I will push my packaging work into proper pkg-perl repos
for someone to look at whenever they have time -- I know the holidays
are near!

Many thanks,
Sascha