Re: Perl packages need a home?

Hi Sascha,

Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> as a member of the Debian Med team I have prepared packages two for
> very simple and generic CPAN modules (File::Grep and Test::Files) as
> they are dependencies of a Perl-heavy bioinformatics tool (Roary).

They're rather old CPAN modules, but don't look that broken on a first
glance, so the age probably doesn't hurt. File::Grep looks useful
anyways.

> I was wondering now whether you would be interested in accepting
> them under the Debian Perl team’s umbrella — I feel they might not
> be on-topic enough for the Debian Med team.

Yeah, they definitely fit better under the umbrella of the Debian Perl
Team.

> Both are lintian clean, pass autopkgtests and build reproducibly.

Sounds great! Thanks!

> You can take a look here:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/sascha-guest/libfile-grep-perl.git/
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/sascha-guest/libtest-files-perl.git/
>
> If you agree please just let me know.

I may only find time after christmas for reviewing and sponsoring, but
chances are high that other team-members have more time before
christmas.

> I will set the owner in the upcoming ITP appropriately and also hope for a sponsor ;)

Do you plan to (co-)maintain these two packages in the future, too? If
so, you should join the Debian Perl Team to get write access to them
when the git repos are located under /pkg-perl/packages/...

See http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ and
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html for details.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin