Re: "remote origin already exists" when running dpt alioth-repo

Hi Axel, thanks for the reply,

On Sun, 2015-06-07 at 12:51 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > Initialized empty shared Git repository
> > in /srv/git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/libdpkg-parse-perl.git/
>
> Hmmm. That does not (or at least no more) exist for me. Maybe the
> failure below cleaned it up. Or Salvatore cleaned it up as well:
>
> 10:40:19 <KGB-0:#debian-perl> Salvatore Bonaccorso master 3c8224e meta
> .mrconfig Remove duplicate entry for libdpkg-parse-perl * http://deb.li/3qvbV

Sorry, I have probably misunderstood things here. I
deleted /srv/git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/libdpkg-parse-perl.git/ thinking that it would return things to as they were. However, looks like there is something more complicated going on than I thought. I assume that will happen again if I try running "dpt alioth-repo" again?

> > HEAD is now at 8aa113d add mrconfig for libdpkg-parse-perl
> > [master 5d4bd99] add mrconfig for libdpkg-parse-perl
> >  1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)
> > To /git/pkg-perl/meta.git
> >    8aa113d..5d4bd99  master -> master
> > fatal: remote origin already exists.
> >
> > Note the last error. Whilst I understand the error message, I'm not sure
> > why it appears to be trying to create a new remote when this is the
> > first time I am pushing the package.
>
> You're understanding it correctly. The purpose of that script is to
> configure _and_ first-time push a so far only local git repo so that
> it works as expected together with Alioth.
>
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Your git repository likely already has a remote named "origin".

It does, but that was added by dh-make-perl (I assume)

# git remote -v
origin	ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/libdpkg-parse-perl.git
(fetch)
origin	ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/libdpkg-parse-perl.git
(push)

> Try "git remote rename origin old-origin" and then try "dpt
> alioth-repo" again.

I'll try that in a moment (once I've done some updates to the package).
However, am I doing something wrong for dh-make-perl to add "origin" and
then "dpt alioth-repo" to try adding it again?

> P.S.: Are you already on the debian-perl@ list? If so we can drop
> writing to you _and_ the list. :-)

Yes ;-)

Thanks,