Re: RfC: Moving not-pkg-perl-team-specific lintian tests from pkg-perl-tools to lintian proper

On Fri, 15 May 2015 21:32:29 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:

> I intent to move some lintian tests currently used by the Debian Perl
> Team an packaged in the pkg-perl lintian profile shipped with
> pkg-perl-tools into lintian.

I think that's a good idea, thanks for your initiative.

Some minor thoughts:

> My main movation is to get the check application-not-library with the
> following tags into lintian:
> * libapp-perl-package-name
> * library-package-name-for-application
> * application-in-library-section

I'm seeing quite a few false positives with those checks; but as long
as they stay at the experimental level I have no objections :)

For the other checks, I think
- the severity might be lowered on some of them
  (not everything is a horrible error even if we don't want it in the
  perl group)
- the CDBS ones would probably benefit from a review by Jonas
  (I tried to pick the correct versions from cdbs' changelog but I
  might have been wrong somewhere)

> I'd be happy to get at least some comments from Gregor and Damyan if
> they agree to have the pkg-perl lintian check written by them to be
> moved into lintian.

Sure :)

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Leonard Cohen: So Long, Marianne