Re: DebConf14 and pkg-perl sprint

On Sun, 18 May 2014 18:43:12 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

Thanks to everyone who replied on the list, via private mails, or on
IRC.

> 1) DebConf14

[..]

> If there are no objections, I plan to submit the usual Debian perl
> Group BOF, once the CfP opens.

Done now.

AFAICS, proposed events are not visible in summit; but the info I
submitted is the same as in the past years; summary:

| 1) Title
|
| use Perl; # Annual meeting of the Debian Perl Group
|
| 2) Description
|
| The pkg-perl team will again take the opportunity to meet in person
| for discussing current topics and planning future work.
|
| Items for discussion and work are collected at
| http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/OpenTasks

> 2) pkg-perl sprint

[..]

> As you probably know, there won't be a DebCamp before DebConf this
> year, but it has been suggested by Lucas that teams might organize a
> sprint in this time:

[..]

> So, what do people think about the idea of a sprint, and who would be
> interested to participate?

From the public and private replies I got it seems that this is not a
huge success; the reactions were like:
- good idea, but I'm not coming to DebConf (for various reasons,
  among them the new layout of the conference without DebCamp)
- good idea, and I'm coming to DebConf, but I already booked my
  flights / already have other plans for the week before the
  conference, since it was announced that there is no DebCamp
- good idea, and I have time and interest -- that's David Bremner :)

So I guess I'll work out with David how we'll proceed in private
mail.
(If someone else is interested just contact us.)

   `-   NP: Tom Waits: Come On Up To The House