Re: mass autopkgtest Perl run [2014-09-20]

Hey Niko,

Niko Tyni [2014-09-21 23:10 +0300]:
> The logs look like you only had pkg-perl-autopkgtest 0.15 available.
> The main change is that t/boilerplate.t tests are ignored with 0.16.

Ah, sorry about that, I must have forgotten to update my schroot right
before the run.

> Right. I went through these, and found indeed a couple of bugs in
> pkg-perl-autopkgtest. I've just uploaded 0.17 which fixes 21 of those 32
> regressions.

Great, thanks!

I re-run all the previously failed (~ 900) packages again, this time
with p-p-a 0.17, and got 96 new passes from that:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/debian-ci-config.git/commit/?id=4671f897ba

> I see libgnome2-vfs-perl used to skip tests with "You have no ~/.gnome"
> but didn't in the last go, so presumably your test setup has changed a bit.
> (The package is probably buggy if it looks in $HOME, though; bug filed.)

Indeed, I recently installed chrome (Netflix started in Germany :) ),
and that unfortunately uses that obsolete path. I did the run above
with HOME=/tmp/home, but it still failed.

> libextutils-autoinstall-perl got killed due to a timeout, but builds
> fine for me. Is that reproducible for you?

Yes, it is. I started it without timeout, but got bored after ~ 10
mins of doing and seeing nothing. Does that work for you?

> (In the latter case, waiting for the binNMUs in #760123 would be prudent
> as we're currently in a small Perl transition.)

I didn't do that, but I guess you can do the test run for the four
packages yourself easily, and update d-ci-config?

> PS: I've just documented all this a bit at
>  http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/autopkgtest.html

Oh, nice! The adt-run commands aren't exactly the most recommended
ones, but they work. E. g. it should be "-B --unbuilt-tree=." (or
shorter, "-B .//"), as these trees aren't really built usually.  These
tests don't have "build-needed", so it doesn't make a difference for
Perl, it's just a bad habit to get into for running other package
tests.

Thanks,

Martin