Re: Results for mass autopkgtest run for all perl packages [2014-09-17]

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 01:49:26PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:

> After the fixes in pkg-perl-autopkgtest 0.14 and autopkgtest 3.5.1 I
> re-ran all the previously failed Perl packages. I also used a timeout
> of 10 minutes now instead of 5.
>
> We got 273 new passes, i. e. those got fixed by the above versions:
>
>    http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/debian-ci-config.git/commit/?id=590ff6bd9d
>
> 675 packages are still failing. The updated failure list is at
>
>   https://people.debian.org/~mpitt/tmp/perl-failed-tests.txt

Thanks!

pkg-perl-autopkgtest 0.15 and 0.16 have the last common fixes I've
identified from these (don't recurse under t/, set AUTOMATED_TESTING
and NONINTERACTIVE_TESTING, skip t/boilerplate.t et al.)

Once #762013 (autopkgtest: detect test.pl in perl packages) is fixed, I
think one more full rebuild with that and pkg-perl-autopkgtest 0.16 would
be good as running test.pl will probably pick up a few new failures too.

Unless I've broken something, I think the passing packages from that
could go live on the ci.debian.net whitelist and we'll start fixing the
remaining ones and adding the explicit Testsuite headers.

BTW, lintian currently complains about an invalid Testsuite value with
autopkgtest-pkg-perl. I guess autopkgtest-* should be whitelisted for
future expansion, or do you want to add just -pkg-perl and -pkg-ruby at
this point?

Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org