Re: Proposed mass bug filing: /usr/lib/perl5 is changing with Perl 5.20

On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 11:39:34AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > How can we make the transition smooth ?
>
> > I have a package.install file that contains a line
> > /usr/lib/perl5/
>
> Build-Depends on perl (>= 5.20) would make the transition smooth for users
> and the buildds.  The only drawback I can think of is that you'd have to
> revert that and the path change when backporting.

I'm not sure that a Build-Depends is needed.  I think we want to
avoid that if it's not needed.

I think what you want to do is make sure that the version in
unstable can be build with both 5.18 and 5.20.  What I'm not
sure about is what would need to be changed and that that would
still work with 5.18.

Kurt