Re: Packages with 5+ years of pending changes

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:40:57 +0000, Daniel Lintott wrote:

> > A quick look at duck.debian.net revealed that a lot of the URL
> > check failures (roughly 700) are due to packages From pkg-perl.
> > While looking at a few samples, I found some packages which had
> > already fixed Vcs-* fields in the git repo but were never uploaded,
> > still UNRELEASED.

The Vcs-* fields should be fixed in all packages in git.
(Details coming from Axel soon.)

> I'm particularly interested in the URL check failures you mentioned as
> I began looking at the list of watch problems on pkg-perl PET [2]...
> but seems there are a number of anomalies there!

AFAIK these are more problems in PET (or CPAN) than in the watch files.

PET doesn't use the watch files for CPAN modules but CPAN's
modules/02packages.details.txt.gz (to avoid thousands of web
queries).

   `-   NP: Beatles