Re: Post-commit hook got confused and sent mail to old bugs

-=| Dominic Hargreaves, 13.03.2013 00:24:04 +0000 |=-
> This evening I pushed a new branch, dom/squeeze-702821 to the
> libapache2-mod-perl2 repo on git.debian.org. This caused several
> unexpected emails to be sent, the bounces for which I attach for
> reference. Something about this event (the branch name? I can't
> imagine it happens with all branches not called master, unless it's
> a recent change) caused old changelog message to be processed again.
> Could someone who is familiar with how the post-commit hook works have
> a look?

The script is called git-tag-pending-bugs and is in the scripts.git
repository on git.debian.org
(http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-perl/scripts.git).

It works by parsing the log of the received commits and looking for
'closes: #nnnn' (and variants) in them.

As far as I see the mail is sent blindly and there is no check whether
the bug is still alive.

Is there an easy way to discover if a given bug is already archived?
Not sure if using BTS's SOAP interface counts as "easy" :)