Re: join

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:45:48PM +0200, Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 wrote:
> Hi @{'debian-perl'},

Hi Lars!

> I am CPAN author and Catalyst Web developer. Some of you already know
> me personally from various occasions, mostly conferences. I have
> packaging experience with RPM and maintain some Perl related stuff on
> Open Build Service. I want to learn Debian packaging so I can:
>
> * productively package and maintain dependencies needed at work,
>   especially where stable is too outdated,
> * enable Debian(-derived) environments on OBS to target even more users,
> * eventually release my own applications as package to ease adoption on
>   qw(Debian MeeGo/Harmattan Ubuntu).

Really great to have someone with your skillset and interests working
with the Debian perl team, it will broaden the Debian-perl capabilities
as well as expose us to other projects that we sometimes don't think
a lot about, like MeeGo. Perl worked pretty darn well on Maemo so I'm
really glad to hear that you're interested in keeping it up to date
on MeeGo/Harmattan.

May I ask about $work? Are you directly involved with MeeGo/Harmattan
development with Jolla? Apologies if this is none of my business.

> I have not made an account on Alioth yet because I do not want to
> clutter the list of users with a temporary "*-guest" account. Please
> tell me whether this is necessary or not.

While I'm not as active as I'd like to be, I want to wish you warm
welcome and I think you'll find this an easy and capable group to work
with, many of the people on this list have become my friends IRL.

Cheers,

Jeremiah