Whitespace issues after "cme fix" usage (was: Re: Some mass-commits ahead / Uploads of packages which haven't been uploaded for a long time)

Hi Dominique,

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 September 2013 17:12:01 Axel Beckert wrote:
> > While trying to fix those unexpected whitespace changes I also
> > accidentially fixed trailing whitespace issues where others committed
> > them beforehand as I fixed them in _all_ our packages. Result was that
> > I also pushed quite some pure whitespace fixes (hopefully all with
> > proper commit messages :-).
>
> Then I should make sure that 'cme fix dpkg-copyright' does not leave trailing
> white spaces...

That would be great. I'm though not sure if this is an issue in
libconfig-model-perl or libconfig-model-dpkg-perl.

If you want I can write a bug report. But I'd be happy to know against
which package beforehand. :-)

gregor herrmann wrote:
> Not that I care a lot but if you fix it: cme fix dpkg also adds a
> trailing newline to debian/control.

Yeah, trailing newlines in debian/control was one of the fixes in the
mass-commit I could automate. :-)

The other issue popped up on fields which started with a continuation
line (or were empty at all), e.g.

---snip---
Copyright:
 (C) 2012 Foo Bar
 (C) 2013 Hurli Puh
---snap---

became

---snip---
Copyright:_
 (C) 2012 Foo Bar
 (C) 2013 Hurli Puh
---snap---

(Underscore instead of whitespace used to show the additional
whitespace. Also happened with other fields, e.g. Comment or License.)

Similar (possibly the same bug) for these cases where fields where
empty: