Re: git-buildpackage interface change and use in .mrconfig

-=| gregor herrmann, 27.06.2013 10:10:49 +0200 |=-
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:55:09 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>
> > > Please wait with this change; as long as #708296 is not fixed, I see
> > > no way to upgrade gbp.
> > Perhaps I just don't understand, but this bugs affects both 'gbp pull'
> > and 'gbp-pull', right?
>
> I suppose so.
>
> > If this is the case, why should we wait for it
> > to be fixed before supporting 'gbp pull'?
>
> If we support both (as in Tamas' patch), fine.
>
> If our .mrconfig only supports the new "gbp pull", I can't use it
> anymore because I won't update git-buildpackage to a version with
> "gbp pull" and the bug.

Ah, now I understand. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't think the proposal is to force the new gbp globally. There are
valid use cases of the old version, as already mentioned.

> (Besides that I'm wondering if I'm the only one hitting this bug.
> ssh sockets should be quite heavily used, no?)

I for one use them, but without an explicit ControlPersist option,
which I guess means that the connection is shared for as long as the
initial connection is alive. Before starting 'mr -j4 up' I run 'ssh
git.debian.org' an another terminal.

If I knew that option, I'd surely have used it already, because it
makes the explicit separate connection unnecessary.

Thanks for the hint :)