Re: libdate-manip-perl build depends

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:06:09 +0200, Carsten Wolff wrote:

> libdate-manip-perl build-depends on libmodule-build-perl (>= 0.390000) | perl
> (>= 5.15.2). Why is this necessary?

META.yml contains:

configure_requires:
  Module::Build: 0.39

It's well possible that this is wrong (and some upstream build tool
just picked the installed version or something) but that's where we
took it from.

> I can build this package on squeeze just
> fine, when I reduce the build-depends to libmodule-build-perl.

Then you can just as well remove it, since an unversioned
libmodule-build-perl is provided by per-modules.
(Which contains Module::Build 0.340201 in 5.10.1.)

>  I would like to
> do regular backports and it would be nice to use the unmodified master branch
> for that and avoid forking with only one minimal difference.

I guess we could remove it from this package after checking that
there are no differences. Could you file a bug report please so we
don't forget it?

   `-   NP: Various Artists: Joaquin Turina Fandanguillo