Re: removing libauthority-shared-perl, libobject-authority-perl

Hi Florian (and others),

Quoting Florian Schlichting (2013-05-25 21:11:20)
> I see you've uploaded librole-commons-perl, which Conflicts / Provides
> / Replaces both libauthority-shared-perl and libobject-authority-perl.
> As the one who originally packaged those two because they were newly
> required dependencies of other packages, I later noticed that the
> author considered them a dead end and seems to have removed them from
> CPAN altogether.
>
> With librole-commons-perl a seamless replacement, is there any reason
> why we shouldn't ask the ftpmasters for removal?

Nope - that is exactly what I had in mind too, just didn't yet examine
if truly the transition is seemless.  So please go ahead if you believe
that's the case.

In fact, just go ahead in any case: I expect only few of "my" CDBS-based
packages to be reverse dependencies and any loose ends for them would
simply mean (pinging Toby Inkster for an eventual missing upstream
update and) upgrading such packages.  I know you're not afraid of
messing a bit with those, and even if so just ping me and I'll take care
of that when I find a quiet moment :-)

 - Jonas

...who is in Berlin until next Friday - in case someone wants to meet.