Re: Removal of libimdb-film-perl package?

Hey Axel :)

Thank you  for your fast reply and comments.

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 12:53:30PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> > libimdb-film-perl a package we adopted some time ago, has on purpose a
> > RC bug open with severity serious to not let it migrate to testing.
> > Has someone particular interest on it? Else, as it has low popcon I
> > would like to request a removal from the archive.
> >
> >  [1]: http://bugs.debian.org/414385
>
> There are many other tools in Debian and also Debian Stable, which
> depend on a website's layout which may change at any time. A prominent
> example maintained by pkg-perl is clive, a CLI YouTube downloader.

Yes right!

> Can't that be done for libimdb-film-perl, too? Then on the other hand,
> for that to work, somebody should notice such changes and for that it
> needs users or someone who feels responsible for the package inside
> the team.

For me  this is exactly the problem here: I'm not using
libimdb-film-perl and adopted it into the group some time ago due to
the Digest::SHA1 transition. I'm the only one in the Uploaders field
and did the last team uploads. So I'm not really knowing if it's
usefull or not. Thus my email to hear opinions on a possible removal.

> On the third hand, maybe it just has so few users because it never was
> part of a stable release...

Yes also might be true.

For me it's also okay to keep it in Team maintenance, and for jessie
try to let it migrate to testing and see how often we have to update
and then decide again before the freeze for jessie.

Regards,
Salvatore