Re: Removal of libimdb-film-perl package?

Hi,

Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> libimdb-film-perl a package we adopted some time ago, has on purpose a
> RC bug open with severity serious to not let it migrate to testing.
> Has someone particular interest on it? Else, as it has low popcon I
> would like to request a removal from the archive.
>
>  [1]: http://bugs.debian.org/414385

There are many other tools in Debian and also Debian Stable, which
depend on a website's layout which may change at any time. A prominent
example maintained by pkg-perl is clive, a CLI YouTube downloader.

Can't that be done for libimdb-film-perl, too? Then on the other hand,
for that to work, somebody should notice such changes and for that it
needs users or someone who feels responsible for the package inside
the team.

On the third hand, maybe it just has so few users because it never was
part of a stable release...

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin