Re: Thinking of putting together some Perl module packages

Le 14/08/2012 à 19:39, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> écrivit :
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:13:14 +0200, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
>
> > I have not packaged any Perl module yet (except for trivial "run
> > cpan2deb and see what happens" conversions), but I am willing to help
> > this packaging effort nonetheless.
>
> If you want to join the pkg-perl group, please take a look at
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome and the linked
> docs, and just tell out your Alioth username.

Here goes my introduction then:

Hi, I'm Nicolas Dandrimont (alioth account dandrimont-guest). I'm a
French guy who just dropped out of a PhD and took on a job as a
Linux sysadmin in a "grande école"[1].

[1] http://www.ensta-paristech.fr/en

I have been a free software enthusiast for more than 10 years now, and I
have been involved with the Debian project more specifically since 2009
when I started packaging ramond, an IPv6 monitoring daemon. Since then,
my interests have hopped from OCaml (I have been using some OCaml tools
for a robotics project — you don't want to know[2]), to Python[3] to
Java (RepRap-related stuff too[4]) to debexpo (the software that runs
mentors.d.n[5]). Thanks to the OCaml team, I became a DM in 2011.

[2] but if you do: http://krobot.wiki.sourceforge.net/ (in French, sorry)
[3] http://simpy.sourceforge.net/
[4] http://replicat.org/
[5] http://wiki.debian.org/Debexpo

Some years ago, I learnt Perl and built some stuff with it, one of my
most impressive achievements being a website that would render a LaTeX
equation dynamically, written in Mason. (The scariest part of this is
that I had to chroot a LaTeX installation by hand, as the server was
running OpenBSD and I didn't want to disable the chrooting of
apache... anyway.). More recently, I became involved with Slic3r[6], and
got granted commit rights as an incentive to submit more patches (I hope
I will be up to it). Hence my will to package it, as the user base is
growing and the CPAN build-dependency tree is a bit deep and scares
users.

[6] http://slic3r.org/

I'd be glad to join the pkg-perl team to help achieve this, and, time
and skill permitting, to help out elsewhere if needed!

Nicolas Dandrimont