Re: Plans for Catalyst in Wheezy

Hi intrigeri, everyone,

I think we should move forward with this and get an opinion from the
release team; I think in general their position is "the earlier, the
larger the change can be", so let's not waste too much time.

> > > Please review and comment my email draft to the release team:
> > > http://paste.debian.net/180093/. debdiffs are attached.
> > I'd like to be sure that at least 2 other group members have reviewed
> > it and agree, before sending this (complex) request to the
> > release team.

If you want us to make edits to the text, perhaps setting up a pad (see
http://wiki.debian.org/TitanpadDebianNet) might be useful? I'd mainly
correct a few typos, so it might be too much trouble.

In general, I too think your mail looks good, it explains the situation
very well; I just feel that at the end, it could be a bit more concise
regarding the proposed solution and how we want to get there:

    - update libcatalyst-perl to 5.90015
    - update libcatalystx-simplelogin-perl to 0.17
    - update libcatalyst-actionrole-acl-perl to 0.07

    => what we want is an opinion and an ok to go ahead and stage the
       updates in unstable

and then, as gregoa suggested, debdiffs without the M::I, version number
and tests noise (plus a mention that those were trimmed)

Florian
- who hasn't looked at the code in any serious way -