Re: Net-Server 2.00x vs. Debian specific patches

Hi,

On Wednesday 06 June 2012, intrigeri wrote:
[..]
> It looks like things have been improving a lot recently upstream:
> a few releases were put out a week ago, that contain tons of new
> features and bugfixes.

yes, I noticed that too, when upstream closed Tickets in CPAN's RT.

> I've started to update libnet-server-perl to the last upstream code
> (2.002).

great!

[..]
> The per-patch specifics follow, but the basic need I have with each of
> these patches is to know if we can drop it, or if it needs to be
> forward-ported somehow. The best that could happen would be that patch
> authors (or whoever wants to) comes up with a simple test case that
> demonstrates the behavior our patch fixed or implemented. This way,
> I could easily check if the last upstream code is on par with what we
> have been shipping. Alternatively, testing by hand the updated
> (unreleased yet) code (from our packaging Git repository) and report
> if it is up to the task would be acceptable :)

I have no simple instructions for testing the IPv6 Patch. I should be able to
do testing myself by the end of next week, though. Of course I agree that we
should go with the upstream version of IPv6 support. This is much better than
the current situation of having different implementations in Debian/Ubuntu/...

The other two patches are just bugfixes, applied by upstream in the new
version. Just drop them.

Cheers
Carsten
--