Re: "Avoiding the vendor perl fad diet"

-=| Gabor Szabo, 31.01.2012 14:59:08 +0200 |=-
> Can someone "develop with current versions from Debian/unstable",
> package missing dependencies (which if I understand correctly go into unstable)
> and then use those packages on a Debian/testing or Debian/stable system?
> What if perl has been upgraded between those?

Perl changes usually have no effect, unless the wanted modules uses
some new Perl features. In such a case you are stuck and have to
either look for alternatives (since upgrading the whole system is
probably not an option).

In the common case, however -- pure Perl modules not written for
perl-bleed -- everything just works. The next common case are XS
modules, which may need to be recompiled. That's not that hard to do
and you can keep the result in a local or personal package repository
which is used by all deployments.