Re: Error 'local changes detected' on META.yml during package build

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 13:46:04 -0400, Robert James Clay wrote:

>      As gregor first noticed (on upstream v0.10) and now also with
> another upstream version; attempting to do a package build of
> libnet-citadel-perl using git-buildpackage' results in errors like the
> following:
>
> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
> libnet-citadel-perl-0.15/META.yml
> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes,
> see /tmp/libnet-citadel-perl_0.15-1.diff.O6XDnt

Which probably means that the .orig.tar.gz (created from the
pristine-tar branch) is different than the master branch.

>     Note that manually using debuild against a checked out 'orig'
> archive results in a successful build. Note also that I am now upstream
> for the module and I generated the 'orig' archives for both v0.10 &
> v0.15 at the same time that I created the 'tar.gz' archives for upload
> to CPAN, and commited them to the pristine-tar branch at those same
> times.

Hm, I'm not sure what's going on here.
My assumption is that that the upstream branch in our repo is not
created by git-import-orig but comes from your upstream repo, right?
(And it's then merged into master.)

And pristine-tar is then run manually later with the created .tar.gz?

So the difference seems to be between META.yml in your upstream repo
(the "raw" file) and the META.yml in your upstream tarball; or in
other words: the release process seems to somehow modify META.yml.

Please note that this is all mostly guesswork but maybe it gives an
idea for further investigation :)

   `-   NP: Trio: Da da da