Thinking of putting together some Perl module packages

I've got involved in repraps[1] and one of the pieces of software I'm
trying to use[2] depends on some not-yet-packaged perl modules from
CPAN:
 Boost::Geometry::Utils
 Math::Clipper
 Math::ConvexHull
 Math::Geometry::Voronoi
 Math::PlanePath

Obviously given the stage of the release these should probably go to
experimental.  I found this git-based packaging walkthrough
 http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html

Is that a good place to start ?  Is there anything I should watch out
for ?  Should I try to bundle several cpan modules into a single
package ?

All advice and opinions gratefully received.

Thanks,
Ian.

PS: I don't intend to package the reprap software itself.  It's still
very much in a state of flux and certainly not the kind of thing that
fits Debian's release cycle.

[1] http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page
[2] http://slic3r.org/

--