Re: Multiarching perl

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:46:12 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> What if we do this: stop providing perlapi frm perl-base and instead have
> perl provide perlapi?  Otherwise, keep the dependencies and Multi-Arch
> designations the same.  This means that anything that needs the Perl API
> will have to pull in the full standard perl package, but I think that's
> reasonable.

At least libuuid-perl currently has:
Depends: perl-base (>= 5.14.2-3), perlapi-5.14.2, ...
(and is a reverse-depends of linux-base and doc-base and causes all
kinds of troubles on each dist-upgrade).
Not sure if this is relevant, it just came to my mind :)

   `-   NP: Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, John Mc Laughlin: Espiritu