Re: Introduction and request to join Debian Perl group

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:15:09 +0100, Frederic Culot wrote:

> Dear all,

Salut!

> I would be interested in joining the Debian Perl group (my Alioth account name
> is 'culot') so as requested on the Group's welcome page, here is my short
> introduction.

Great!
I've added you to the pkg-perl project on Alioth.

> So why Debian? Well, I am a FreeBSD developer (http://people.freebsd.org/~culot)
> and there I am part of the Perl development team. As I also use and appreciate
> Debian, I would like to give some of my free time to help the project in some
> way. I thought about starting with the Debian Perl group and why not try to
> maintain some of the packages that are in RFA or orphaned state.

Sounds cool, I'm sure we can learn something from your experiences in
FreeBSD; and we are always happy about more helping hands.

> Of course,
> Debian's binary package system is very different from FreeBSD's ports system
> hence I will surely need to find kind people willing to help me perform my first
> steps with Debian. I am sure I will find those kind people here in the Debian
> Perl group :)

Sure, don't hestitate to ask here or on IRC.

> PS: You could also reach me on irc (culot on #debian-perl)

Since you've already found both our documentation and our IRC channel
I won't throw further links at you right now :)

Bienvenue !

   `-   NP: Michael Penn: Trampoline