Re: New Config::Model 2.001 with new command: cme

Le Monday 6 February 2012 16:39:10, Jonathan Yu a écrit :
> Does Config::Model's cme command also implement git's plugin architecture?
> For example, my understanding is that installing a binary as "git-svn"
> allows you to execute it as "git svn", thus appearing like a plugin to the
> git command. It means that people other than you (the Config::Model
> maintainer) can add subcommands for cme, which may or may not be a good
> thing.

No. Well, not at the moment. I may open up cme command if good ideas are
submitted.

The only plugin mechanism now relies on providing models (by landing files in
Config/Model/*.d and Config/Model/models) and backends (files in
Config/Model/Backend)

> Next step: the Debian package model is becoming quite big and drags a lot
> of
>
> > dependencies. I'm to extract it out of Config::Model and ship it in its
> > own Perl distribution of CPAN.
>
> I hope it will be listed as Recommended in the META.yml :-)

Hmmf. I don't kwow. I may ending up listing all model-based-plugings in
recommend... And this recommend would only make sense in Debian based
environments.

> Most people who need to work with Debian packages
> already understand "dpkg" (the command) at minimal anyway, and hopefully if
> they are modifying control files, then they know what dpkg control files
> are too :-) I think the presence of "Debian" in the name already makes it
> abundantly clear what this is for (personally I might have called it
> Config::Model::Dpkg)

I put Debian in the name because lot of CPAN users come from non-Unix
environment. I assume Debian is known for them, I'm less sure for Dpkg.

> My 2 cents (may be less or more in Euros)

ok, that makes one vote for keeping name as-is.

Thanks

Dominique
--
http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/