Re: New Config::Model 2.001 with new command: cme

Le Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 10:39:10AM -0500, Jonathan Yu a écrit :

> To address the second question, the change from Dpkg to PackageEditor... I
> don't know if Editor is really the right terminology for Config::Model
> plugins -- they can be used to create dpkg control files, modify dpkg
> control files, as well as read dpkg control files (you could use it
> read-only). I think Dpkg is an appropriate name because, while it doesn't
> convey all the information a new user might want, the description could be
> used for that. (e.g. Config::Model::Debian::Dpkg - model for Debian control
> files used by dpkg). Most people who need to work with Debian packages
> already understand "dpkg" (the command) at minimal anyway, and hopefully if
> they are modifying control files, then they know what dpkg control files
> are too :-) I think the presence of "Debian" in the name already makes it
> abundantly clear what this is for (personally I might have called it
> Config::Model::Dpkg)

Hi all,

there are actually control data files that are not handled by Dpkg, like the
machine-readable Debian copyright files.  For this reason, perhaps
Config::Model::Debian::control or Config::Model::Debian::control-data would
better describe what is modelled.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy