Re: Please adopt arename

gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 21:42:34 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
>> It's already ACCEPTED, so I can either upload 4.0 with a "fake"
>> version (like "4.0+released" or "4.0+VERSION"); or just add the
>> VERSION file as a patch for now.
>
> Ok, adding VERSION via a patch doesn't work, since it's used at
> release time and not at build time.
> So I guess that leaves us with the fake version. Frank, do you have
> any preference for the +suffix?

I was fairly sure this would work...

I tried this:

[snip]
% tar xvvf arename_4.0.orig.tar.gz
% cd ft-arename-02a464e
% tar xvvzf ../arename_4.0-1.debian.tar.gz
% echo 4.0 > VERSION
% debuild -us -uc
% perl -I. arename --version
arename 4.0
[snap]

So, a patch before the "make genperlscipts" would do the trick, wouldn't
it?

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925