Re: "Avoiding the vendor perl fad diet"

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:37:45 +0100, Sven Dowideit wrote:

> > I am using Ubuntu and not Debian but theoretically this should not make
> > any difference in this discussion. Let me know if you think it does.
> sadly, this is not the case, Debian makes a lot of effort for and with
> perl, and Ubuntu cripples it.

Hm, I don't know Ubuntu very closely but my impression so far was
that they are just taking perl stuff from Debian.
Could you explain or share exmaples/pointers what you think happens
there?

> take a quick peek at the number of cpan packages that are in debian and
> not in ubuntu.. :(

Shouldn't they all by synced into universe (or whichever archive
area)?

> its seriously worth focusing on figuring out how best debian and perl5
> can get the best result together, and then deal with its derivatives
> once you have a strong idea of whats best (as debian in my experience
> emphasizes quality the most)

Thanks you :)

   `-   NP: Tanita Tikaram: And I Think Of You-E Penso A T