Re: [Perl] Fwd: Perl QA Hackathon 2012: Last call for participation

The budget page is not loading. Do you still need sponsors? I will forward to ActiveState.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Dominique Dumont <dod@debian.org> wrote:
Hello

For information. I think this event could be interesting to share ideas
regarding our packaging process and tools with all the CPAN people who are
dealing with module build tools.

I'll be there to explain debian packaging process and requirements (even if I
do not know dh-make-perl that well).

All the  best.

----- Forwarded message from "Philippe Bruhat (BooK)"
<philippe.bruhat@free.fr> -----

From: "Philippe Bruhat (BooK)" <philippe.bruhat@free.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 01:32:26 +0100
Subject: Perl QA Hackathon 2012: Last call for participation
To: perl-qa@perl.org

Last call for participation
---------------------------

The Perl QA Hackathon 2012 is taking place from Friday, **March 30th**
to Sunday, **April 1st** 2012 in Paris, France. Attendance is gratis. We
would like to know if you are interested in coming and participating.

This is the last call for participation: registration will close on
January 31st, 2012.

You can also propose other people who should be invited. As with past
years, we aim to fund the travel and accommodation costs for those who
cannot otherwise get funding.

The Hackathon needs your help
-----------------------------

Our attendees plan to work on a wide variety of tools for the benefit of
Perl and all who use it. The more people we have present, the more Perl
will improve. Projects on the itinerary include the Perl build toolchain
and many tools around CPAN.

The hackathon budget is public: http://2012.qa-
hackathon.org/qa2012/budget.html
As you can see, we are not currently able to cover all expenses. We are
still actively looking for sponsors.

Sponsoring the event is not reserved to organizations and corporations:
if you think the Hackathon is useful to the Perl community, but cannot
attend yourself, you can still contribute to the success of the event by
making a donation. Even small donations will help and would be greatly
appreciated.

http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/qa2012/donate.html

And don't worry about giving too much: the surplus from the event
(if any) will be donated to kickstart the budget of the Perl QA
Hackathon of 2013.

Thanks for your attention and your support.

   Philippe Bruhat,
   Laurent Boivin
   Perl QA Hackathon 2012 organizers

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Treat those you outrank well... you never know when they will outrank you.
                                                (Moral from Groo #7 (Image))