Re: future of libbparse, libtext-bibtex-perl

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 03:54:10 +0100, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:
> In September you wrote:
>
> "... biblatex, which waits for bieber, which needs a new
> libbtparse."
>
> If this is still true then ...
>
> > 3) We can remove src:libbtparse, but generate a libparse$SOVERSION and
> >    libbtarse-dev binary packages from the libtext-bibtex-perl source
> >    package.
>
> ... would probably be needed?

Yes, after I wrote I wondered about that.  Biber is perl, so it might be
possible to get away with only accessing via the perl bindings. There is
some reference to the shared library in the build-a-binary scripts (using
PAR::Packer), but I don't know if those would be relevant for Debian. On
the otherhand, afaik, option 3 is no more work than option 2, and might
be less work.