Re: Precisions on the group packaging process

Hi,

On 01/03/2012 11:53 AM, Florent Angly wrote:
Also, I have been reading Debian documentation but there is still a
point that is unclear to me. What happens after one uploads a new Perl
module (with debian/* files) to the Debian Perl group repository. I am
correct in assuming that it is later automatically built into a deb file
and pushed to the Debian unstable repository? Or do I need to somehow
indicate that the package is ready for public consumption?

If you set the distribution to unstable in debian/changelog (currently it says UNRELEASED), the package will show up in the Ready For Upload section on the package entropy tracker[1]. It will usually be reviewed by a Debian Developer after a short while and either be uploaded to the archive or get a comment added to the changelog and the distribution changed back to UNRELEASED.

A new package such as yours will even after an upload not directly show up in the archive, but has to be reviewed by the ftp-team as well. Until this happens it will show up on the NEW queue[2].

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] <http://pet.debian.net/pkg-perl/pet.cgi>
[2] <https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html>