Re: libmr-tarantool-perl_0.0.8-1_amd64.changes is NEW

-=| Dmitry E. Oboukhov, 28.12.2011 10:10:20 +0400 |=-

> >> git clone url-to-package package-version
> >> cd package-version
> >> pristine-tar checkout ../package_version.orig.tar.gz
>
> > Yup.
> > And how do you get new upstream tarballs into the repo?
> > (Import on master and run pristine-tar against thet branch?)
>
> pristine-tar commit path/to/tar.gz tagname
>
> :)
>
> I think that 'upstream' branch has meaning if You receive upstream
> sources by git, too. But if You have upstream's tar.gz it is worth to
> use pristine-tar.

In the context of the Perl Group, the upstream branch contains
unpacked upstream releases and is not tracking upstream's Git tree.

There is a tool, git-import-orig, which can help with both the
pristine-tar and upstream branches (plus the upstream/xxx tags).

HTH,
    dam