Re: libmr-tarantool-perl_0.0.8-1_amd64.changes is NEW

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:15:33 +0400, Dmitry E. Oboukhov wrote:

> > Well, all (?) other packages have 3 branches: master, pristine-tar,
> > upstream. (I also have no idea how pristine-tar works without an
> > upstream branch, but I leave that to our git experts.)
> git clone url-to-package package-version
> cd package-version
> pristine-tar checkout ../package_version.orig.tar.gz

Yup.
And how do you get new upstream tarballs into the repo?
(Import on master and run pristine-tar against thet branch?)

> I think that packages can have 3 branches if there are
> some maintainers uses different ways (one uses upstream-branch, the
> other - pristine-tar)

And others (like our ~2200 - 1 packages) even use both :)

 .''`.   Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key ID: 0x8649AA06
   `-    NP: Kurt Ostbahn & Die Kombo: 6 x fia nix